Red lentil soup is a quick and easy splash of sunshine and cheerful orange color to brighten your winter days. It is so easy to cook, is high and protein, does not require previous soaking and it falls to a wonderful creamy mush as it cook. Perfect for when you don’t have enough time. Read more
Pumpkins are sweet, earthy and overflowing with healthy vitamins and beta-carotenes. Here they are combined with leeks, apples and cider to make a spicy, hearty soup, perfect for warming us on cold autumnal days. Read moreCucumbers 4, green bell peppers 4, 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, 2 cups diced scallions, 1/2 cup Mexican-style canned mild green chilies, 2 cloves garlic, 1 Tbs. white wine vinegar
1. Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise and slice into chunks. Dice bell peppers. Place cucumbers, peppers, cilantro, scallions and green chiles in blender or food processor and blend till smooth.
2. Add garlic, vinegar, salt, oil and mix well.
3. Add water, taste and adjust seasoning with salt and vinegar. Thin soup by adding more water if needed.
4. Fill two ice-cube trays with chilled soup and freeze overnight.
5. Pack frozen cubes with chilled soup in large insulated containers. At serving time, pour soup into cups and top with a large spoonful of salsa.