How to Become Even Healthier for Free
“It’s not what they take away from you that counts. It’s what you do with what you have left that matters”.
…” they ” are not necessarily the bank-managers or your bosses or the government….at the end of the day you decide for economies sake what has to go, you have to make the decision to take away some of your luxuries ( you may even say they are necessities ) and for each of us this is different.
I have just had 2 clients this week say they can no longer afford the luxury of Pilates classes. For others it is the gym membership, for others the constant hair coloring at the hair-dressers. So we make a choice of what we can cut-down on whilst the going is getting tough.
It is all too easy to get down about this…we are all affected by the Global economy..but here are some of the positives , yes I did say positives I have noted.
Best girlfriend numero uno has given up the cigarettes and started long daily walks to keep the weight gain in control.
Alongside the walks ( yes they are free ) we have seen an upturn in traffic of folks all over the world doing their exercises at home and cutting back on private dance/ yoga / Pilates and gym classes.
!! As you know MyBodyZone is Free.
So although i,ve lost cash from my clients i know more of you out there are watching your screens and getting advice and inspiration from us here at Mybodyzone.
Here’s what we can do with what we have left:
1. If you’re not out walking..ask yourself why not? Some of us have very valid reasons, but many not, so just put that questions by yourself …how much fitter would i become and how much would i save in gym membership? Taxis? Petrol? or Bus fares by walking? If it’s cold , wrap-up you burn more calories. If it’s hot, wear a hat, sunscreen , carry water and sweat out those toxins….
2. Many of us have bought fitness equipment in the past. A skipping rope, a pair of training shoes, you may have even access to small pieces of equipment like a trampete, stretch bands, hand weights, a balance ball.
Whatever you already have..start using it. You’ll feel fitter and more righteous for putting those purchases to use.
Listen some of you out there even having running machines and steppers and rowers…it’s time to drag them out, dust them down and get dirty with them!!!
Set yourself the challenge of doing 10 to 20 minutes with those bits of equipment 3 to 5 times a week..whatever suits your lifestyle.
3. Check in to Mybodyzone and find some helpful hints and inspiration.
Start with Essential Core 1 and do this at least 3 times a week.
If you have time to do others, great.
4. Apart from walking and Mybodyzone, breathing is an essential for maintaining great health and well-being. It feeds us on a deep cellular level…listen to Prasads instructions on MYbodyzone. Breathing is a free de-toxification!
5. Affirmations. Yes as Joseph Pilates ( amongst others) said ” it is the mind that makes the body”. You are what you think you are. You are strong and vibrant and slim and attractive..you think this , you are this, you attract this.
Find a phrase or sentence or mantra if you like, and repeat this in a morning on awakening, during your down time during the day (even if this is only the 3 minutes you have whilst at the toilet!!!), and before going to sleep….
I want to hear all about what happens, write and let me know how you’ve turned this negative into a positive.
I think you’ll feel richer than ever with what you have left, and the feeling of using our resources with awareness and mindfullness is truly the path to health and happiness
5 easy steps that can really make a difference to what you’ve been left with when ” they” take it all away.
Stay Positive and Profit.
With love and light from Kay.