Yoga Video - Headstand Posture - Sirasana
Emily Collins demonstrates Headstand Posture, or Sirasana
. This sometimes referred to as the king of asanas
. It is an extremely important posture that can bring vitality and clarity to the body and the mind. Studies have shown that it can increase the hemoglobin content of the blood and can convey increased blood supply to the pituitary and pineal glands in the brain. This is a posture that is really recommended for intermediate to advanced practitioners of yoga. It is important to support the weight equally with the wrists, forearms and elbows only, not with the head. This develops strength in the arms and the shoulders, keeps the body centered, keeps weight off the head and avoids injury to the neck and spine.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
- January 11, 2009 -- Yoga Video - RSI and Wrist Rehabilitation (2)
- October 27, 2008 -- Yoga Video - Sun Salutation B - Surya Namaskara B (1)
- October 23, 2008 -- Yoga Video - Bridge Posture and Upward Bow Posture (1)
- October 21, 2008 -- Yoga Video - Hero and Reclining Hero Posture (2)
- January 15, 2008 -- Yoga Video - Sun Salutation A (0)
- January 4, 2009 -- Kate Winslet’s Workout: 20-Minute Pilates Videos (1)
- January 4, 2009 -- Yoga Keeps Ryan Giggs in the Game (0)
- November 16, 2008 -- Exercises for Stress Relief (2)
- August 5, 2008 -- Pilates Video - Essential Core Exercise (0)
- July 27, 2008 -- Pilates Video - The Oyster / The Clam (2)